Thursday, June 10, 2010

Let Summer Begin With Kabobs


Ok I have so many blogs to put up. Now that finals are over, perhaps I can get a few up here. I bought a twenty dollar charcoal grill and decided that summer is coming rain or shine. So I marinated some chicken overnight. And soaked some wooden skewers in water overnight as well.



Here is the marinade recipe:
2 tbsp sesame oil
Juice from half of a lemon
1 tbsp tamari
1tbsp honey
2 tsp ginger powder
1/2 tsp red pepper chili flakes
salt and pepper to taste





That was it for the chicken marinade, but once I added the veggies I used this same marinade plus left over pineapple juice from a can of Del monte pineapple (the only brand I could find without added sugar) 1 tbsp of stone ground mustard, and juice of a lime. I coated each kabob in this before putting it on the grill.




I cooked the first side for about 7 minutes, and the second took about 4 or five... just until the chicken was browned. I basted the kabobs with the marinade as they cooked.




And that is it... I served it with some brown rice, it made for an easy healthy summer meal. Good stuff.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates